Welcome at BIOHERB:
Birgitt Boor Consulting Services
Am Brauhaus 1
37213 Witzenhausen / Germany
- Trade Promotion: All agricultural products, natural Ingredients; organic products, medicinal and aromatic plants, NTFP
- Value chain analysis; setting up of sustainable supply chains, developing contract production systems (linking smallholder groups to markets)
- Quality Management Systems
- Organic standards and certification.
- Training and lectures
- Over 20 years’ experience in value chain analysis for all kind of agricultural and speciality products such as medicinal plants, essential oils, organic, bio-diverse and fair-trade products. Development of sector strategies and agricultural policies, with special emphasis in linking smallholders to the market.
- Over 25 years international experience in trade promotion programmes, support to the private sector development, PPP-projects, small and medium enterprise promotion (SME); value chain development, setting up of sustainable supply chains considering small-holder as part of it. Fact-finding missions; project appraisal, market and feasibility studies; establishment of long-term trade links.
- For nearly 10 years key consultant of the GTZ / protrade trade promotion programme for the sectors essential oils and plant extracts and for organic products.
- Well-founded experience in market research and the development of domestic, regional and international markets.
- Over 30 years’ experience in training and lectures in all aspects of medicinal and aromatic plants (cultivation, collection and post-harvest handling) as well in organic farming, legislation and certification procedure.
- Outstanding experience in developing and planning tailor made training courses and study tours.
- Profound experience in all major organic standards, (raw material production, processing, documentation and traceability, trade).
- Well experienced in international food safety and quality standards, advisory services and training workshops in setting up of quality assurance systems, incl. traceability systems.
- Experience in around 40 countries in Africa, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Asia, Pacific and the Caribbean.
- enjoying nature
- Hiking or Bicycling