Welcome at BIOHERB:
Birgitt Boor Consulting Services
37213 Witzenhausen / Germany
- Trade Promotion: All agricultural products, natural Ingredients; organic products, medicinal and aromatic plants, NTFP
- Value chain analysis; setting up of sustainable supply chains, developing contract production systems (linking smallholder groups to markets)
- Quality Management Systems
- Organic standards and certification.
- Over 20 years’ experience in value chain analysis for all kind of agricultural and specialty products such as none- timber forest products (NTFP), medicinal plants, essential oils, organic, bio-diverse and fair trade products. Development of sector strategies and agricultural policies.
- Well-founded experience in all major organic standards.
- Well experienced in international food safety standards and quality standards (HACCP; IFS; Global G.A.P. etc.), advisory services and training workshops in setting up of quality assurance systems.
- Extensive experience in analysis of market trends and the development of domestic, regional and international markets.
- Over 30 years international experience in trade programmes, support to the private sector development, PPP-projects, small and medium enterprise promotion (SME); value chain development, setting up of food quality systems and sustainable supply chains, considering small-holder as part of it.
- For nearly 10 years key consultant of the GTZ / protrade trade promotion programme for the sectors essential oils and plant extracts and for organic products; currently expert for IPD (Import Promotion Desk) for natural ingredients.
- Outstanding experience in developing and planning tailor made training courses and study tours.
- Experience in around 40 countries in Africa, Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Asia, Pacific and the Caribbean.
- enjoying nature
- Hiking or Bicycling